• Pregelatinized Rice Flakes have been produced specifically for brewing, developing characteristics necessary for
easy and efficient use in a brewhouse. The process of gelatinizing makes the starches readily soluble and digestible
by the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt. This allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash
with other grains.
• Because flakes have a large surface area and are pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time
will be normal.
• There is no need to mill Rice Flakes. However, they can be put through the mill if that is the easiest means of adding
them to the mash.
• Pregelatinized Rice Flakes are made from medium-grain rice and produce a light, clean and crisp characteristic to
the finished beer.
• Use a slightly lower conversion temperature and extend the conversion time 15 minutes to obtain maximum
• Use up to 40% as a cereal adjunct in the total grist